Simply because I have a lack of better things to post about, I’m following along with Frumteacher and doing the 8 random things meme.
1. Before becoming an educator, I was in radio. I was a News Director, specifically of a small AM station in the middle of my state. It was NOT like that TV show NewsRadio or like WKRP in Cincinatti either. It was interesting, very educational and at times frustrating. I got out for a number of reasons. I only miss certain aspects of it and for about a year after I left, I had dreams about work. They were weird.
2. In thinking about it, I’m one of those people who’s never really had a clear plan or direction for life. Rather, I just kinda make it up as I go along. Yeah. It’s certainly been entertaining, to say the least.
3. I’ve been convinced, 4x now, that the guy I was dating at the time was “the one”. The last one?–I almost moved to AZ for, but then broke it off b/c, well…long story. Has anyone ever heard “The fifth times the charm”? Let’s hope so. I’m getting sick of all this dating junk.
4. I find it ironic that I’ll be teaching juniors and American Lit in the fall. My junior year of high school was also American Lit. It was the one year of school that I hated almost everything we read and didn’t finish reading most it. It was what I like to call “the year of apathy”. The only book I finished that year was Huckleberry Finn. I’m not a big fan. However, I like it better than The Grapes of Wrath. Yes, I agree that it’s an important novel, but I LOATHE that book. It’s drier than the dust of the Depression it focuses on.
5. I play 3 instruments and tried to learn a fourth. Currently I play the flute and the piccolo (and pretty well, most of the time). I also play the piano, poorly. I tried to learn to play the trumpet b/c I had a crush on a trumpet player in 8th or 9th grade. That didn’t last long.
***I’m really having a hard time with this***
6. I’m a really, REALLY picky eater. I dislike most vegetables, and usually I’m not up for trying new foods. I have to be in an adventerous mood. Consequently, I’m one of those people who constantly orders the same thing at a particular restaurant. The latest? The #11 at Jimmy John’s w/o mayo. (yuck, mayo’s so gross and gloppy).
7. I’m a night owl, which makes being a teacher very difficult. (well, student teaching was difficult). Case in point? Last night I went to bed at 2:00. Soon, I’ll have to start heading to bed earlier (like 11 or midnight) so my body and mind will be used to going to bed early and therefore, getting up early.
8. I want to get a tattoo, I just don’t know a) what of or b) where to put it. Also complicating the decision? I’m a really big wussy and don’t like needles or pain. I had to get a shot for my physical today and was totally freaked out. Yeah…we’ll see if I ever get inked.
I don’t want to tag anyone. A few of the people I’d tag have already been tagged, so I’m not following that rule. (Yup, me, the rebel). Play along if you want!
The rules are as follows:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.