The Rules for this Movie Meme
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, put who guessed it, and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. No checking peoples’ Facebook or My Space profiles where they list their favorite movies
Good luck folks! Some will be easier than others, obviously!
So, I’m finally getting around to editing this…tee hee hee!
1) “Put ’em up, put ’em up! Which one of you first? I can fight you both together if you want. I can fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I can fight you standing on one foot. I can fight you with my eyes closed. Oh, pull an axe on me, eh? Sneaking up on me, eh? Why, I’ll… Ruff!”
Wizard of Oz (number one for a reason!)–leesepea, browneyedgirlie, artistic soul, maestro
2) “Joe, I can categorically say that you are not a bigger banana-head.”
Empire Records — leesepea, artistic soul
3) “Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there’s no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value. “
Clueless! — leesepea, browneyedgirlie, artistic soul
4) “Well, all I’m saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place… Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place.”
Dazed and Confused — leesepea, browneyedgirlie, artistic soul
5) “Terrible idea… Don’t you just love those?”
Under the Tuscan Sun — no one (bwahahahaha!)
6) “It’s true you don’t see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.”
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers — maestro
7) “Everything. OK! I’ll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog… When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out… But the worst thing I ever done – I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa – and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.”
Goonies (I could almost quote you this whole movie — my brother and I watched it every day for a month when I was 8 or 9) — leesepea, artistic soul, maestro
8) “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for”
Star Wars IV: A New Hope — artistic soul, maestro
9) “Thank-you, cake is my world! “
Down to You — no one (haha!)
10) “What? ‘Cause I did? I climbed on top of myself and got myself pregnant?”
Save the Last Dance — leesepea, browneyedgirlie, artistic soul
11) “Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso. All for Zorro, stand up and say so! “
Zorro the Gay Blade (funny damn movie!) — maestro
12) “Only one thing in the world could’ve dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window. “
A Christmas Story — browneyed girlie, artistic soul, maestro
13) “Welton Academy, hello. Yes he is, just a moment. Mr. Nolan, it’s for you. It’s God. He says we should have girls at Welton. “
Dead Poet’s Society — leesepea, artistic soul
14) “…Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we all be dead. No more rhymes now, I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? DYEEAAHHHHHH!”
The Princess Bride (I LOVE THIS!) — leesepea, artistic soul, maestro
15) “He’ll keep calling me, he’ll keep calling me until I come over. He’ll make me feel guilty. This is uh… This is ridiculous, ok I’ll go, I’ll go, I’ll go, I’ll go, I’ll go. What – I’LL GO. Shit.”
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off — everyone