1. Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Nope…unless you count the one w/ my couch. I’m terminally single. I’ve actually contemplated starting a separate blog about my singledom.
2. What was your dream growing up?
I had so many. I wanted to be an actress, a singer, a lawyer, a meteorologist, a detective, a famous flutist…teaching is my 3rd career. I don’t miss the other two. I’m out of ideas though, so this is it.
3. What talent do you wish you had?
Creative writing — I want to be a novelist (not anything serious), but I have no creative spark in that respect.
4. If I bought you a drink, what would it be?
Either a light beer or a Captain Morgan & Coke. Only captain and no diet. I need the sugar to cut the rum.
5. What was the last book you read?
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. It was pretty good.
6. What zodiac sign are you?
Aries. Yup, my birthday is soon.
7. Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
My ear lobes just once apiece & my cartilage on one ear. No tats — I’m kind of a wuss.
8. Worst habit?
Procrastination and complete slobbishness
9. What is your favorite sport?
10. Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
I’m currently pessimistic. But, at least I admit it.
11. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
In most respects, my life has been fairly easy with no big traumas (compared to others, and for certain most of my students) but…either when my aunt died unexpectedly when I was in 8th grade OR the end of my last serious relationship. We broke up in 2006 and I’m still recovering from that. It’s forever changed me, so I guess that’s the worst thing.
12. Tell me one weird fact about you.
Um…I hiccup, just once at a time…randomly
13. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
14. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Weight — but, I’m really bad about doing something about it. I like food and I like junk food best. And going to the gym is a chore.
15. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
16. Ever been arrested?
17. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay for the rest of my grad degree — I hate having to worry about it each semester b/c I don’t take enough hours at a time to qualify for loans. Stress!
18. Where’s your favorite place to hang out?
Home…specifically my couch
19. Do you believe in ghosts?
20. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
reading, spending too much time on the computer (Facebook, Twitter, random surfing, etc), sleeping
21. Do you swear a lot?
Too much, yes
22. Biggest pet peeve?
Rudeness and apathy towards education
23. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
24. Do you believe/appreciate romance?
Do I believe it’s genuine? Is that what you’re asking? It depends on who’s behind it. I really enjoy it (thus my love of rom-coms) but it’s been so long since I’ve had any, I don’t think I’d trust it right away.
25. Do you believe in God?
I’m always questioning…